I was fascinated by cars since my childhood and always wanted one! So, just about 10 months ago, I bought my great ride!
Took my driver’s ed, soon got my learner’s permit and I was ready to drive. Months past like days...
But I was forgetting something, without it, I couldn’t drive my car forever. Yeah, regular servicing!
It’s mostly because I didn’t know how to choose an auto repair service shop.
So if you’re also like me, and had no idea about auto repair stores, then you’re in the right place.
This is because I bet no one’s done the kind of research that I have in the last few days.
I kept on reading until I finally got the logical steps to service my car or in another words, to choose an automotive repair service for your ride.
6 Types of Auto Repair Shops
- Stores which sell auto & motor parts and also have a provision for servicing.
- Auto repair shops that are owned and run all over the United States by independent owners.
- Repair shops that are brand specific and only service that particular brand.
- Auto repair shops that specialize in a few specific categories. For example, brakes, transmissions, ac, mufflers, and so on.
- Doorstep service providers. They get your car delivered after the job is done.
- There aren't many, but used auto repair shops also exist.
3 Major Automotive Repair Services Offered by Auto Shops
1. Auto Repair Services
- Engine services
- Radiator hose inspection or replacement
- Flush and fill service
- Brake fluid change
- Serpentine belt inspection or replacement
- Towing services
2. Repair Services
- AC & heating system
- Brake services
- Diagnosis and evaluation services
- Axle/CV joint repair (FWD)
- Radiator repair/replacement
3. Other Specialty Services
- Muffler/exhaust welding
- Intoxalock - ignition interlock
- Certified emissions facility
These are only a few services out of the many services offered by automotive repair shops.
It's important to keep your car in good shape because you don't want it to break down in the middle of nowhere.
Trust me, that’s an absolute nightmare!
You need to know that the probability of it increases only if you don't get your car serviced regularly or get it repaired rarely.
Therefore, remember these points while visiting an auto repair shop.
7 Points to Keep in Mind
- Let the supervisor know all your concerns regarding price and servicing.
- You are expected to leave your car for half a day or a day.
- Don't give your car all shabby, clean it up before dropping it to the auto repair shop.
- Provide your contact details so that once the work is done, they are able to communicate the same to you.
- Don’t bother the mechanic let him do his job and count on him.
- When you go to pick up your car from the auto repair shop, remember to check if everything is fixed or not.
- Take a price estimate beforehand so that you know what are you paying for.
Look for professionals who can also provide you towing services because you never know when and where it can break down. Look for professionals who provide towing service not only in the city, but also in the outskirts for your convenience.
It's kind of rough on the pocket because things are mad expensive these days and therefore, here some money saving tips for you.
4 Quick Tips to Save Money
1. Price Comparison
Always compare the rates of different services provided by different automotive repair shops.
Relying on one is not feasible.
By comparing rates, you can save some bucks.
When you’re trying to get the best deal for yourself, always go through reviews.
It gives you an idea about the customer satisfaction and also if the estimate given by the auto repair shop is worth it or not.
In case there's no website, try asking your friends and family if they have heard about any one of them.
This will help you choose the best deal and automotive repair shop.
3. Old isn't Always Gold
It's not always necessary that an auto repair shop that’s been in the business for a long time is better than a shop that’s been around for a short period.
Therefore, service reviews are necessary because the more modern the shop, the more latest techniques will be applied.
#Tip: Hate scratches on your car? Then you know what to do, click the link given!
4. Ask for Paintless Dent Removal
This works almost every time depending on the damage. Therefore, always choose paintless dent removal.
There's an all-new sheet metal, which works without harming the vehicle's body.
You should opt for it because it's cheap and less time-consuming.
5. Get Your Vehicle an Insurance
This is the first and foremost thing you need to do after buying a vehicle is to get insurance so that you can save a lot of money.
Get it insured because you can reimburse the amount in case of accidents.
If you try to save money on insurance, it can be very expensive when you need to fix your car after an accident.
These are some ways in which you can figure out what services are provided in an automotive repair shop and how you can be cost-effective at the same time.
If you are a resident of Doylestown, PA, why not visit A&G Customs. They are the best professionals in every aspect, and they provide towing services too. So, why not give it a try and check them out.
You can call them on 215 669 3072.
Don't worry, they won't disappoint you and cherry on the top they are affordable too!