Are you in Doylestown looking to repair, service or change your car tires?
Before you identify what needs servicing, repairing or changing, you need to have a good knowledge about its parts, car tires in particular.
This will certainly extend the life of your car.
There are certain things that you need to keep in mind while looking for the best car tires. Let us help you find the perfect car tires.
The most important thing that you should keep in mind about tires is that it should fit your car perfectly.
Big tires are trendy and cool, no doubt. But a poorly fit tire can cause massive damage to your car.
Not to forget, the accidents that your vehicle is prone to.
You should also know that a major problem with ill-fitted tires is that they wear out very fast.
Things to Keep in Mind While Selecting Car Tires
- First and foremost, remember to buy tires that are an exact fit.
- For four-wheelers, it is always recommended that all four tires are the same brand.
- Identify the type of tire your vehicle needs. It's either “P” for a passenger tire or “LT” for a light truck tire.
- Look at the width of the tire and its circumference before choosing a tire for your car.
- Also, see the rim diameter and load rating before choosing the best fit for your vehicle.
- Pick a tire depending on your vehicle type, vehicle usage, and geographic location.
- Buy the best quality tire that you can afford. Opt for the best brands.
It is always better to change all four tires together. If only one tire is damaged, it’s better to wait till the others wear out. Changing all tires at the same time will make sure that all tires have the same warranty for long lasting effect and better performance.
Also, make sure the tire you purchase can withstand different weather conditions.
Adverse weather conditions can affect the performance of your car heavily.
So research well before you choose the tire of your vehicle.
For instance, if you are a frequent highway traveler or you drive on rough surfaces more, then choose car tires and the brand accordingly.
Some Frequently Asked Tire Questions Answered
Q: When should I replace my vehicle tires?
A: Average tyres last for about 5 to 6 years depending on usage and climatic conditions. On the off chance that your tire has lasted more than 6 years, replace it before it crosses 10 years.
Q: How many miles a car can run before it needs replacement?
A: A car should run at least 50,000 miles with a new tire before it needs replacement. But this depends on many other factors as well.
Q: What is the cost of replacing a tire?
A: Standard car tires at an average cost around $50 to $75 per tire. It can also shoot up to $100 to $250 depending on the type and quality of the tire that you want to choose from.
- Spare tire
- Tyre inflator
- Car jack
- Tow rope
- Jumper cable
- Fire extinguisher