The best way to avoid automotive repair is to always be prepared. An auto repair shop in Doylestown, Pennsylvania can help you with regular servicing of your vehicles.
Why is it important?
Because regular servicing ensures that you spend less in maintaining your vehicle annually. Depending on your use and the age of your car, you’ll need to service your car either twice a year or at least once a year.
That said, you also need to be aware of how much you spend each time you take your car to an auto shop.
This is where shopping around and getting a few automotive repair estimates will certainly help you a lot.
Some estimates may include the following terms.
1. Flat Fees: Fees that are not broken down into labor, part charges and taxes
2. MSRP: Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price
3. OEM: Original Equipment Manufacturer
4. Miscellaneous Charges: Includes chemicals, waste oil, disposal fees and all other charges
An ideal automotive repair estimate should be broken down as follows:
- Total charges
- Miscellaneous charges
- Flat fees
- Labour charges
- Installation of new parts
This is just an indicative automotive repair estimate. Some auto shops may include this and some may not.
While looking at the estimates, keep the following in mind.
- Get estimates from different service providers because not all are same.
- Read the fine print to ensure that you know what’s included and what’s not. This will enable you to make a wise decision.
- Estimates are a pre-calculation on the information available. So the final amount that you need to pay may vary.
- Cheap estimates do not always mean that they are the right ones.
- Before accepting the terms ask as many questions as possible. Also, make sure that you are not limited to any particular automotive repair shop.
- Always get a written estimate.
- Ensure that the service center is affiliated with some national organization. For example, IABA and SCRS.
How to Pick the Right Automotive Repair Shop?
You can start by going to a local consumer protection agency to seek details or records. This will tell you if there are any complaints against the automotive repair shop.
Another great way is to check their reviews online. The more glowing reviews, the better. You can also turn to your family and friends for recommendations. You may get a good deal too.
If the automotive repair shop has social accounts like ]]>Facebook]]> , check their profile and look for what the customers are talking about them. You’ll get an overall idea about their cost, services provided, and the people.
A&G Customs offers a variety of services like brake repair, inspections, custom paint as well as general repairs.
We are a one-stop shop for all your automotive needs. Whether you’re looking for automotive repairs, classic car restoration or 24/7 towing services, you can contact us on 215 669 3072 for an automotive repair estimate.